The Mission of the group is to restore the integrity of people living with HIV/AIDS by offering them: acceptance, respect, orientation and hope
The AAVE Group works to bring about its mission though the following objectives:
1. Support people with HIV/AIDS
- To befriend and offer human, moral, spiritual and social support to people with HIV/AIDS by visiting them in their homes, hospitals or in prison;
- To be with them wherever they are. Through home visits we get firsthand knowledge and are sensitized to a harsh and painful reality, a way of life for so many.
- To provide them with psychological support and legal advice;
- To refer them to hospitals, clinics, Social Security Offices and other services;
- To contribute to raising their self-confidence, mental and physical health, by providing them with courses, activities, training, skills and opportunities for self-support.
2. Provide information / education on HIV/AIDS prevention
- To give talks on HIV/AIDS and its prevention in schools, church groups, youth groups, community groups and companies;
- To welcome visitors to the AAVE Center and provide them with information on the AAVE Group and/or HIV/AIDS;
- To keep its members informed and updated on all aspects of HIV/AIDS by attending courses, workshops, conferences etc.
3. Be involved in lobbying activities
- To take part in events organized to defend the rights of people with HIV/AIDS;
- To participate in health councils in order to strive to protect human rights;
- To use the media, including international networking, as a means of political pressure.